1. “My trade is a lonely one. I’m a craftsman, if you like. It so happens that these days singers are better paid than blacksmiths.” – Jacques Brel
2. “I read the best works of some of the best satirists, and indeed best writers from the beginning of the Victorian era to about the 1960s. If you want to be a blacksmith, you go and watch the blacksmith working, and you work out what the blacksmith does.” – Terry Pratchett
3. Strike while the iron is hot.
4. All that glitters is not gold – and all that’s black is not cold.
5. There are no mistakes in blacksmithing, only rapid design modifications- Adlai Stein
6. “Don’t use force, get a bigger hammer!
7. Iron sharpens iron
8. Never miss your anvil and whack your kneecap.
9. Using a grinder to make a weld look good, makes you a grinder, not a welder.
10. A teacher is who is attempting to teach without inspiring the student to learn is like hammering on cold iron.
11. I was born without claws, without fangs, without, without scales. So, I forged them in fire and crafted them of steel.
12. When you have a hammer, everything is a nail. When you have a blacksmith, everything is anything you want it to be.
13. Welding is like sewing with fire.
14. You cannot dream yourself into a great blacksmith. You must hammer and forge yourself.
15. Blacksmiths do it in the heat of the moment.